Sunday, September 29, 2024

Runcorn BL

Race: Norton Priory 5m (Border League race 1)
Time/Position: 30.07 (79th from 440)
With no designs on trying to retain my V50 title from last season, this was just a case of making up the numbers. So I was pleased to be 8th scorer for Buckley, as I really felt the lack of training on this one. It started in Norton Priory on the edge of Runcorn then ran around old tracks to gain the canal which was familiar to me as it is also taken by the Phoenix parkrun. I felt quite fresh at the start, which was unusually frantic, a downhill pelt through mud on a very narrow path. Staying upright was key, and the paths remained fairly tight for the size of field. Later, the canal led to a reverse of the parkrun route and then a second lap, on which I really felt the pace but didn't completely blow. Way down the field, and only good enough for 5th V50, but perhaps not as bad as I had feared.

No comments: