Monday, November 12, 2007

MBR trail, Coed y Brenin


No races this weekend, but my injury seems to be righting itself, so I took the opportunity to up the training closer to the level I was at before the 'tweak'. A longish run of nearly 10 miles around Dodleston, Pulford and Rossett was a good start on Saturday. Then Rich and I paid our first visit to Coed y Brenin for a few years to do the new MBR trail - short but quite demanding both physically and technically. A surprising number of tricky rocky descents, compensated for by good open views over Cader Idris and the superbly quick and smooth pink heifer singletrack section leading down to the river. The new centre is splendid and it looks like the other trails - all of which I've done in their old form (Red Bull, Karrimor) - have been altered slightly. Today dawned clear, crisp and cold - in contrast to recent drizzle, so I went for a rewarding early morning run up Waun y Llyn - great views over the entire Sandstone trail and the Clwydians, flocks of redwing overhead - running back along a very muddy bridleway on the Ffrith side.

No comments: