Sunday, November 11, 2012

Capenhurst Border League

Race: Capenhurst 5.5m (Border League race 2)
Time/Position: 31:07 (17th from 356 [3rd V40])
Having not got back from Belfast until late last night, and still rather tired from the intensity of yesterday's race, I wasn't especially optimistic for the second BL race of the season. I started quite steadily and cautiously, as a result of my tired legs, and was very surprised to find that I felt reasonably strong on the second lap. Indeed, I felt better than I have for months - it seems an age since I moved through the field in a race rather than merely hanging on for dear life. I've raced around these roads many times before, so know every twist and turn, and was particularly keen not to get into a sprint finish that I knew I would lose! I managed to pull out a reasonable gap and just concentrated on holding my place for a respectable finishing position. 

No comments: