Sunday, January 27, 2019

Tattenhall border league

Race: Tattenhall 9.8k (Border League race 4)
Time/Position: 38.20 (72nd from 372)
My 500th competitive race, so an anniversary of sorts, although I hate to think how slow my 1000th will be if this trajectory continues. Still hopeful that resuming speed training will help avoid the kind of situation I found myself in again today, really struggling to maintain any kind of pace. It's one of my favourite BL routes, but this was by far the slowest I've ever run it. Conditions weren't great, with a strong headwind on the run-in, although it was a great help for the long climb up to the Peckforton Hills at Burwardsley. The long straight back to the finish was tough, with my lack of speed really showing: unable to stay with any groups so constantly exposed to the headwind. Kate and I then had lunch at the Pheasant, followed by a very windy walk along the Sandstone Trail.

No comments: