Saturday, February 20, 2021

North Wales virtual 10m champs

'Race': North Wales Virtual 10m
Time/Position: 1.01.20 (12th from 35 [2nd V50])
I was reasonably optimistic for this, having had a few good recent tempo runs over the distance on hilly terrain. In the event, however, my pace was actually slower than the virtual half I ran in December. I probably should have waited until Sunday, as it was windy and wet this morning. Under full lockdown, I had to go from my front door so opted for the familiar loop down to Burton, then across to Lavister and back via Pulford and Dodleston. A cross-headwind made life hard initially, but this turned into something of a tailwind for the long haul between Pulford and Gorstella. Morgan accompanied me on the bike again, which was a great help, but much to my disappointment I just couldn't sustain sub-6 pace and slipped well outside my target time (and even further behind my PB set 10 years ago). Lost out on the V50 title by 12 seconds. 

No comments: