Monday, December 11, 2006

Post-flu border league nightmare

A disastrous performance in the third race of the Border League season in Prestatyn yesterday. Had a really bad dose of flu in early December, confined to bed for nearly four days, and had only done two or three mild runs to prepare (and had lost form even before the flu). But even my weakened state after the flu didn't prepare me for the struggle I had and the massive loss of speed. I was OK up to half way near Splash Point but lost it completely on the return along the prom, losing dozens of places to finish around 100th - nearly 60 places down on race 1 in Capenhurst when I was 45th! I can only hope that I will gradually regain strength and form over the next month. I'm not planning any races, just hoping to recover (24 races this year).

No comments: