Monday, November 27, 2006

Bangor XC race

Made my debut for Buckley in the cross country league on Saturday. Had a disappointing race, although it was hard for me to do anything other than run conservatively, since I had never done the Bangor course before. It was around 5.5 miles of predictable mud, short hills and waterlogged fields. All quite enjoyable, but I finished in a poor 74th place - which compares badly to my 58th place at Penmaenmawr (from 238, which is OK for me in a fell race) and very badly to recent road results. All in all, I'm suffering from a dip in form at present - haven't really felt sharp since the Snowdonia marathon, and have struggled to do intervals and long runs. I feel relatively comfortable at all times, but am lacking a bit of speed for some reason.

No comments: