Monday, February 19, 2007

Wrexham half marathon

A pleasing performance in yesterday's Wrexham (Village Bakery) half marathon. I wanted to break 1:26 and did this fairly clinically at 6:30 mile pace, recording an unconfirmed time of 1:25:30, my fourth consecutive PB at the distance. This was 2.5 mins quicker than Helsby, although I pushed this a lot harder: I didn't have much choice, as I felt fine, conditions were perfectly still and sunny, and the course is largely flat. Went off too fast, going through 6 miles in about 37:50, slowing to 64:40 by 10 miles and then almost blowing up for a few difficult minutes. But just held it together to achieve my target time, almost to the second. I can feel it in my legs this morning, and intend to concentrate on the hills for a few weeks now.

No comments: