Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tattenhall Border League

Race: Tattenhall 10k (Border League race 3)
Time/Position: 35:41 (17th from 271 [3rd V40])

Poured with rain throughout this race, just as it did the last time we were here for the Tough Team in June. I was hoping for at least a top 20 finish, given reasonable current form, but should perhaps have done a little better on a course that theoretically suits me. Started off relatively slowly, intending to push it on the long double climb into the Peckforton Hills. This tactic worked reasonably well, although I lost a place on the fast and very long final run-in to the finish at the Sports Club. I took a minute off my previous best for this course and I'm now wondering whether I could get close to my 10k PB on a flatter course. Very tight overall in my category after three races: just three points between 2nd place and me currently in 4th.

No comments: