Friday, November 25, 2022

Penanmen loop

Peaks: Y Ro Wen
Area: Moelwynion, Eryri
Day two of the Strike: Wales v Iran (with pint and full breakfast) in the morning, so just time for this little outing as the light began to fade. My body craves upward movement, and struggles going downhill, so I set off at a fast walking pace from Dolwyddelan and located the main track that leads all the way to the top of Y Ro Wen. I have previously done this from the Penmachno side, but this is a lot more civilised and was ideal today. Great views from the summit (36 minutes from village) in the low winter light, huge clouds over the Moelwynion and Siabod looming across the valley. Very uncomfortable descent, partly because of my current issues, partly because Sarn Helen is currently buried under felled conifers. I found it on instinct after hurdling felled trees and then located myself with Carreg Alltrem, the classic crag, before descending Cwm Penanmen in a beeline back to the village. Refuelled on fish and chips and 'Wal Goch 58' in Conwy.

No comments: