Saturday, November 19, 2022

Berwyn jog

Peaks: Vivod, Moel Fferna
Area: Berwyn
Still suffering from lingering glandular fever, and now with an infected ankle (after cutting it a week ago descending the Famau gully). That said, this outing showed some promise, glimmers of improvement. In particular, there doesn't seem any issue with climbs, in fact the steeper the better. My legs feel superbly well rested, of course, and my HR wasn't as high today as it has been recently. I took the climb up Vivod from Glyndyfrdwy that I had failed to find (but descended) last month. The weather was superb - a cold, autumnal morning with mist in the Dee Valley. At the top of the track, I missed the overgrown path leading to the main traverse path but ploughing through the bracken wasn't too bad. Up to the top of Vivod, and then along the North Berwyn Way all the way to Moel Fferna, around 5k of undulating terrain. Again, I felt better than I have done recently, and my HR was highish but stable. From Moel Fferna's summit, the usual extensive views over Berwyn. It is a little tricky to descend to Nant y Pandy: thick bracken and gorse all around. It is short-lived though, and I gained the main track down the valley fairly quickly. Good running down this to a rough tarmac road that leads back to Glyndyfrdwy.

No comments: