Monday, October 02, 2006

Flintshire 10k

Ran my first race since the Jungfrau marathon yesterday. By way of (rather extreme) contrast, it was the Flintshire 10k about a mile away from my house. A fine event, very well supported, nice atmosphere - and I was pleased with my performance. Finished in 38:29 for 20th place in a field of around 400, I think recent marathon training has increased by endurance and combined well with some recent intervals sessions. Paced it reasonably well and managed to hold on up the Ruthin Road hill. Pleased to smash my June Penny Lane PB by almost a minute. Next target has to be sub 37 mins, but I think that might still be some way off. Cardiff marathon is now less than 2 weeks away but, apart from the Jungfrau, I haven't done many long runs - just one run of around 17 miles, and about 12 miles last Thursday.

No comments: