Monday, May 14, 2007

Market Drayton 10k

Just managed to break 38 minutes for 10k yesterday at the enjoyable Market Drayton 10k. The forecast blustery rain held off nicely for us, and I ran a reasonable race over the course - which has a couple of steep hills in the first two miles but is otherwise pretty fast. My official time was 37:55, but my watch time was a couple of seconds faster. My companions Shane and Tim had good runs too. A good day was rounded off with the Buckley presentation evening, when I picked up a trophy for 6th male in this year's border league: especially nice given that we won the league so comfortably. My 10k time was encouraging, given that I'd done a 16 miler last Thursday, a big figure of 8 from HK to Hawarden and then to Hope and round the lanes. Chester half marathon next weekend, then the Edinburgh marathon in two weeks: if I can PB at all three events and distances I'll be pretty pleased.

No comments: