Monday, May 21, 2007

Chester half marathon

The second stage of the possible 'fortnight PB trilogy'(!) went to plan yesterday, with 1:24:59 at the Chester half marathon. This is more than half a minute inside February's Wrexham half time, and six minutes quicker than my Chester time last year (32 minutes quicker than my 2005 time, but that's another story). Can't help thinking that I may have been unambitious with my recent targets, since I achieved them both to the second (ie sub 38m for 10k, sub 1:25 for half marathon). Or were they just right? Not sure. Ran a reasonably good tactical race at Chester, in good conditions - calm, sunny but not too hot. Went off at a decent pace, then relaxed a bit round Pulford, but managed to keep it going in relative comfort up the Eccleston hill then had enough left in the tank to finish fairly fast. I was 61st from 1,856 finishers. We'll see if I can continue the PB sequence next Sunday at the Edinburgh marathon. At least I recovered enough to cycle to work today.

No comments: