Monday, December 17, 2007

Helena Tipping 10k, Tal y Fan, Loggerheads run

My final race of the year ended rather disappointingly yesterday, crossing the finish line at the Helena Tipping 10k in Wrexham nine seconds or so outside my pb in cold conditions (2C). Official time was 37:03, finishing in 19th place (from 300). I had hoped for 30 seconds or so quicker, particularly given the frequency with which I've done intervals since the Flintshire 10k in September, and the fact that I matched this time over a much hillier 10k last week. Still, this was my 32nd race of an interesting and notably varied year. It was also a varied weekend: on Saturday, I went up Tal y Fan from Llangelynin old church with Katharine and Dad on an unusually cold day - frozen turf and an icy drive up, but beautiful views over the tundra-like northern Carneddau in welcome winter sunshine. Finished off with an early morning run from Loggerheads today, up the leat to Cilcain then round the side of Ffrith along frosty tracks. Felt tired after the race, but at least the frozen ground eased progress through the marshy bits...

No comments: