Monday, February 18, 2008

Wrexham half marathon

Perfect conditions for the Wrexham half marathon yesterday: calm, sunny and cold. Not many races of this distance around, so I was pleased with a big pb of 1:21:51 (more than three minutes quicker than my last half, and my sixth consecutive pb over the distance). Felt reasonably good throughout, but lost time between 10 and 11 miles before picking up the pace for a strong finish. The time essentially brings my half mara pb in line with my 10k pb. Always a strong field for this event, so I was only around 60th from 550 or so. Followed up with an early morning jog up Waun y Llyn from Hope in - yet again - glorious sunshine. Was tired, inevitably, so spent some time jogging around the more obscure paths across the plateau, finding some good looking climbable crags and enjoying the Clwydian views.

No comments: