Monday, August 25, 2008

Moel Famau fell race

Race: Cilcain Mountain Race (4m/1237ft)
Peaks: Moel Famau
Time/Position: 34:47 (8th from 135)

After a calorie-laden weekend in London (one interesting long urban run from Chingford to Leyton Orient FC and back) I wasn't too optimistic for my fifth attempt on the Cilcain Moel Famau race. In fairly windy weather, the race went quite well. I climbed reasonably quickly, to the misty summit in around 21 mins in 10th place, then passed two on the steps down to a 4-man sprint finish! I was 12 seconds down on last year's time, finishing in 34:47, definite lack of speed on the track due to lack of recent intervals. However, I did get the bonus of a flattering 8th place (from 135) presumably because of a relatively weaker field than last year.

1 comment:

JC said...

Hi There,

Just stumbled upon your blog ...you run up Moel Famau!?

Do a bit of road running myself (runningoutside.com) but seem to have lost focus recently.

We walked up Moel Famau last Saturday and really enjoyed it. Do locals simply refer to it as a hill?

Cheers

John