Monday, January 21, 2013

Hope Mountain Run

Thick snow falling at first light, so it seemed like a good opportunity to get out into it for a longish jog from home to the top of Waun y Llyn and along the ridge. The snow wasn't really forecast, at least not an unrelentingly heavy dump like this, but I love running in falling snow so thoroughly enjoyed the outing. As I ran up to the top of Waun y Llyn, all the trees were draped with snow, which became very deep on top. The mist was down, unsurprisingly, and I experienced near white-out conditions along the ridge - a hazardous mixture of soft snow on top of a layer of ice! It was quite hard to locate the paths under all the snow, but I managed it, and did a little traverse before heading back home via Hope. The snow fell even more heavily on my return.

No comments: