Sunday, January 13, 2013

Birkenhead Border League

Race: Birkenhead Park 5.5m (Border League race 4)
Time/Position: 31:10 (14th from 295 [3rd V40])
After my unfortunate fall in race three at Christleton, my main aim this time was merely to stay upright. I quite like this four-lap course, though, as you can judge your effort quite precisely and I enjoy the twists and turns and gentle climb back to the finish. The park itself is very nice, too, the inspiration for New York's Central Park no less. I was well off the pace initially, but eked out limited energy supplies and pushed it a bit on the third lap to gain a few places. As with a few other recent races, my time and position was the same (as in, exactly the same, to the second) as it was on my last outing on this course in 2011.

No comments: