Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Chester Spring 5

Race: Chester Spring 5m
Time/Position: 28:46 (23rd from 295)
A little tired going into this race, still suffering after Sunday's long run and Monday's full day of winter climbing. Worse, I'd sustained whiplash injuries in an absurd sledging accident! This was always going to be a bit of a struggle as a result, but it was still a very disappointing outing. I went through 2 miles in 10:50, the quickest part of the course, feeling quite good and aiming for sub 28m. I know every inch of this course, as it is a few hundred metres away from my office and a regular lunchtime training run for me, but despite this I still blew completely after the hill at 3 miles. The last two miles were a real struggle as a result and I lost a lot of time and places.

No comments: