Thursday, December 26, 2013

Round the Walls race

Race: Chester Round the Walls ('4m')
Time/Position: 22.10 (18th from 450)
The hardest frost of the winter, probably the first truly icy morning since April, meaning that yet again I was unable to sample the full event: the third time this has happened. But if the Walls were out because of the ice, I had already assumed the Roodee would be waterlogged. This was indeed the case, but whereas last year the race avoided it as a result, this year four aquatic laps were planned as an alternative to the icy walls. In my post-Xmas haste I had only packed my racing flats, and the slip-sliding nightmare that ensued was richly deserved. Really struggled to keep my footing, and longed for my fell shoes to give some grip. Nice short family outing, though, an opportunity to get some fresh air.

No comments: