Sunday, February 02, 2014

Abergele Border League

Race: Abergele 5m (Border League race 3)
Time/Position: 28.00 (16th from 272 [3rd V40])
A brief weather window in the midst of an appalling stormy spell. This was a clever improvisation of the usual flat coastal route (which I have always liked) after part of the path was washed away. It made for slower progress, into a headwind initially, then inland up a surprisingly sharp climb to take in a zig-zagging route through the caravan site before returning to Pensarn. I stuck with a small group into the wind, then caught Jez at the 3m point. The field was pretty strong again, and I slowed initially on the homeward leg until I got my second wind at 4m. Felt quite strong for the last mile and picked up two more places to finish just 3 seconds outside my 5 mile PB. Very tight in our category after three races, two points between 2nd and 4th!

No comments: