Sunday, March 02, 2014

Birkenhead Border League

Race: Birkenhead Park 5.5m (Border League race 4)
Time/Position: 31.17 (16th from 247)
I quite like this four-lap circuit of the park, but there is something rather odd about it: my time has been virtually the same for the last three races held at this venue. Just one or two seconds difference each time. I started quite slowly today, and gradually picked it up over the last two laps (I can never remember how many laps are involved until it's too late). Jez went off really quickly, and I couldn't close the gap. We are in a tight battle for second with Richard from Wirral, who also went off quite quickly. I pulled it back so Jez, Richard and I were in a line on the last lap - but another runner then sprinted past in the last 50m! Still good and tight in our category after four races, a challenging and enjoyable BL season.

No comments: