Friday, March 06, 2015

Pot Hole climbing

Crag: Pot Hole Quarry
Routes: The Watzmann (VS 4b:sh), Treffynnon (VS 4b:sh), Unaided (VS 4b:sh), Grizzly (VS 4c:sh), Major (HVS 5a:sh)
Just a few shunted evening routes in preparation for the forthcoming Spanish cragging trip, now the evenings are getting a little lighter. I haven't touched rock since August, but after several visits to the wall (breaking the habit of a lifetime) I was hopeful of some strength improvements. I was on my own, but the sun broke through and mitigated a cool wind. I've done all these routes dozens of times and have been visiting the crag since the 1980s. Went up and down a few old favourites, using different variations and avoiding the bigger holds: felt quite good, which is more than I can say about the subsequent run from Cadole.

No comments: