Sunday, October 11, 2015

Capenhurst border league

Race: Capenhurst 5m (Border League race 1)
Time/Position: 28.31 (25th from 380 [4th V45])
The first race of the season always tends to be the most competitive, and as this was the biggest field ever recorded in the league, it seemed likely this would be the case again today. So it proved, with a very fast start heading out from Capenhurst into the lanes. The course had been adjusted from the one familiar from previous years to a slightly shorter course measuring an exact five miles. I felt reasonably good for the first lap, on roads I have raced many times, but faded a little on the second. I finished well behind several runners that I was ahead of in the recent Wirral series, and generally felt a tad disappointed with the run, around half a minute down on the time I'd hoped for (I'd hoped to get close to my pb of 27.57). Still, nice to get started on the new season in a new category.

No comments: