Saturday, February 25, 2017

Conwy Parkrun

"Race": Conwy Parkrun (5k)
Time/Position: 18.10 (1st from 180)
A windy week, and today was no exception: my second foray into the world of the Park Run along tracks I know very well. After celebrating our anniversary last night, Kate and I jogged to the start from Rose Hill Street in heavy rain and strong winds. So easy and convenient. These events are not races, but as 'timed runs' they do feel a bit competitive! I was in second place for a while, then took the lead after about 500m, and managed to stay there. My time was slow, but quicker than on the very hilly Wepre course. This Conwy course is excellent and scenic: along the riverbank then towards the castle, before heading up to Deganwy. Strong winds made the return leg tricky and hard going for a while.

No comments: