Thursday, October 18, 2018

Tryfan

Peak: Tryfan
Area: Eryri
An early morning outing after dropping Kate off. It was a little too close to Saturday's 50 miler, but a perfect autumn day was forecast, so I just headed straight for the North Ridge. It is just over 30 years since I first did this - and I have no idea how many times I've been up Tryfan since then (well over 50). I picked my way up, sticking to the crest then taking the nice groove up the right-hand side of the North Tower. The summit was a delight: I had it to myself initially, and there was still some high cloud around, which gave some beautiful patterns of sunshine and shadow over Y Garn and Elidir Fawr. My usual descent: down North Gully and Little Gully, always fun, and then a leisurely walk back to Ogwen in glorious conditions as the cloud melted away completely. Beautiful autumnal scenes.

No comments: