Sunday, October 14, 2018

New Brighton 5m

Race: New Brighton 5m (Border League race 1)
Time/Position: 29.44 (66th from 411)
My worst finishing position in 12 years: close to 80 league races. It was only two years ago that I managed to finish in the top 20 for every fixture. Despite that spectacular decline, I was actually fairly pleased with the time, having not done any speed work all year - very hard to adjust from the plodding ultra pace I have trained myself for this year! I just aimed to get under 30 minutes as it was the only realistic target. I couldn't remember doing this exact course before, although I have done variants of it in BL and Wirral leagues. It goes from the little lake along the prom towards Leasowe, then back inland towards Harrison's Drive. A very slight headwind for the finish along the prom although conditions were generally ideal for fast times, with the course as flat as a pancake.

No comments: