Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Round the Walls race

Race: Round the Walls Chester (4.5m)
Time/Position: 27.07 (12th from 500)
The usual Boxing Day family outing, always enjoyable - especially if conditions allow for the full race. Work continues on the Northgate bridge, but apart from that a full circuit has been possible for the past few years. I was a minute down on last year's time, when I finished 8th, and even slower than my quicker days a few years ago, but given recent form it wasn't too bad. The Roodee was a bit slippy, but the racing along the walls was as exciting as ever - Pete and myself had a grand battle, neck and neck below the clock until I pulled away a bit on the lap round the edge of the Roodee. Kate came in a little later and we then replaced all the calories.

No comments: