Saturday, October 26, 2019

Cardiff Parkrun

'Race': Cardiff Parkrun (5k)
Time/Position: 18.09 (9th from 405 [1st age-graded])
A weekend in Cardiff coinciding with dire weather: torrential and continuous rain, with the Taff very high indeed (although not quite over its banks, which was fortunate as this route takes the Taff trail). I ran north along the trail initially for a warm-up, having done 44 miles of it during the Brecon-Cardiff ultra this February. The race itself takes the trail south into Blackweir Fields and Bute Park - the reverse of the Cardiff 10k (which I remember fondly from 2010, as it was the first time I'd represented North Wales and what was then a big pb, 34.45). By contrast, this was my worst position ever on a parkrun, although that is more a reflection of the strength of the field than the time, which I was fairly pleased with. Potentially, a very fast course - flat throughout, although wet and slippery today.

No comments: