Monday, October 21, 2019

Carneddau run

Peaks: Drum, Foel Fras
Area: Carneddau, Eryri
After dropping Kate off in Llandudno, I drove to Aber and began the familiar climb up the road towards Drum. This is a 5 mile constant climb, and I felt tired throughout. Progress was slow, and the weather worse than forecast: claggy with some drizzle. I have done this climb many, many times however, and always enjoy it. The top of Drum was a little hostile, although I've been up in far worse, and this continued for the long haul up Foel Fras. From here, I decided to drop down the very awkward slopes down to the upper Cwm Afon Goch. This is a wild and trackless place, with tussocks and bog, and no path. Even lower down this tight cwm is awkward. Above the falls, I picked up the pace and continued the run all the way down to the coast and Menai Strait: 20k, just over two hours.

No comments: