Friday, January 17, 2020

Dash in the Dark

Race: Dash in the Dark, race 3 (Llandegla)
Time/Position: 25.11 (4th from 147 [1st V40])
I seem to be making a habit of only doing the final 'dash' of the three race winter series. I've been doing them for years, and in the past I often managed to do all three, but various things prevented me this year. Great to get one in, though, and with a new course to enjoy. I'd been warned that it was very short (5.3k/170m), but didn't mind too much with several 5k blasts under my belt recently. It is very runnable now, with a long climb from the car park giving way to the usual twists and turns by the lakeside before the very steep descent through the woods, which has been retained. I had a good battle for 4th place, really enjoyable, but eventually the other chap faded and I ran the last 1km or so on my own.

No comments: