Saturday, March 07, 2020

Chester-Moel Famau-Loggerheads

A refinement of a route done in January last year, when I ran from my office door in the University to the top of Moel Famau, then down to the Collie. This time, Peter and I left the Crown Court in bright and breezy weather, the summit disconcertingly distant on the horizon. We took the Roodee path, which makes it a few minutes longer but is more pleasant. From here, we ran together to the Old Warren climb, then met up again in Buckley. Eventually, however, I went too far ahead and we lost each other before Mold, which was a shame. I took the same route as last January, which seems logical as the quickest way to the summit - which I reached in a respectable 2.38 from the Crown Court. It was misty and cool, and I jogged down to meet Peter for a pint at the Loggerheads pub. In retrospect, it would be neater to start with a hand on the Chester Cross and finish with a hand on the trig point (32.47km in total).

No comments: