Tuesday, April 28, 2020

HK hinterland hills

The circumstances are dictating an ever-more-creative approach to running from the front door. This was one such - a desperate attempt to get into the hills without driving. I've done a few circuits of Hope Mountain from home, but on this occasion I took paths from Caer Estyn down to the lovely stream valley which leads to Cefn y Bedd and Abermorddu. From here, I took the Brymbo road (normally too dangerous) up steep Minera hill to branch off to Ffrith. Then comes the delightful (long and gentle) climb through the woods to curve up to the steep finish up to the trig on Pen Llan y Gwr. From here, I took my favourite descent back to Llanfynydd, the wild garlic and bluebells at their best in the Cegidog stream valley. From Llanfynydd, I took the 'tunnel of pain' up to the top of Waun y Llyn and then the roads back to HK - 28k/700m.

No comments: