Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Club champs 5m

Virtual Race: Club Championship 5m (Business Park Roundabout-Moor Lane)
Time/Position: 28.50 
An informal virtual club championship has been launched. The national relays provided a 5k time, with a 5 miler following. Times were assessed against PBs, which was challenging for me with almost all of them set around 8-9 years ago and my 50th birthday approaching. New shoes helped for this, though. Another beautiful day, so M dropped me off at Rough Hill. I jogged up to the A55/Business Park roundabout and battered the first mile to Balderton. This is one of the issues with virtual racing, there is a temptation to go off a little too fast without numerous groups to pace with. I overestimated the distance, so reached HK before I'd completed the distance! So I had to extend back down Moor Lane which was rather tiring. I finished around 20 seconds down on my official PB (although I did once break 28m on an informally measured course).

No comments: