Sunday, September 13, 2020

HK-Denbigh

With the virtual London marathon approaching, the organisers withdrew my qualifying time for 2021 because it was set in 2018. So: it seems necessary to give the virtual event next month a proper go to get my QT back, the problem being that I haven't done any recent long runs on tarmac. After trying to maintain marathon pace on a 15 miler last week, I took the opportunity to reprise my HK-Denbigh run of 2016, refined somewhat to avoid the worst of the road sections. It went fairly well, through Buckley and Mold to Hendre, where I took a series of bridleways up to Moel Arthur to avoid the dangerous main road I took last time. From the bwlch, it is all downhill to Llandyrnog before a rather tedious 3 or 4k along the road to K's house in Denbigh: just under 20 miles, just over 2.5 hours, with around 2000ft of climbing.

No comments: