Sunday, November 14, 2021

Capenhurst 5m

Race: Capenhurst 5m (Border League race 2)
Time/Position: 28.40 (60th from 269 [2nd V50])
I was reasonably pleased with this time on the very familiar Capenhurst double loop course in perfect conditions: cool and still. I felt fairly good, but was astonished to find I had placed 60th: this is one of the lowest positions I have ever finished in the league, after around 80 appearances. There was a time when I was never outside the top 20 and even occasionally scraped the top 10, and I wasn't all that much quicker back then either. Shoe technology is one explanation for this anomaly, but the field must have been ridiculously stacked too: almost 90 runners went under 30 minutes. I finished in a familiar 2nd position in the category, with Lee Jones well ahead. That said, this time puts me 9th in the UK ranking over the distance in 2021.

No comments: