Friday, November 05, 2021

Dash in the Dark

Race: Dash in the Dark, Llandegla (Race 1)
Time/Position: 24.10 (3rd from 80 [1st V50])
Another welcome post-Covid return for a race I have done dozens of times over the years. A slightly different format, and a very short course, but just as enjoyable as it always is - feels rather like a very intense parkrun now. I last did this in early 2020, just before the pandemic, and today's route took the same initial climb from the car park up into the woods, long but gentle. It then looped round to the lake before another climb took us back round to the lake before rejoining the ascent route. Within a few minutes, a group of three pulled away - me, Jez and a younger runner. I stuck with them until the second climb, where my unwise lunch choice caught up with me. In truth, I was struggling before then, however, and felt a bit second hand from the start. So I gave up staying with the first two and just concentrated on staying in third place, which I managed to do.

No comments: