Friday, November 19, 2021

Glyder Fawr

Peaks: Glyder Fawr
Area: Glyderau, Eryri
Another of those quick 90 minute outings that this year has lent itself to. After dropping Kate off, I headed to Ogwen and took the 1000m Peaks race route up Glyder Fawr. The first steep steps from the A5 were the scene of my spectacular implosion during the race last July, struggling to even move until I took on a gel. Today was very different, I felt reasonably good and the weather was considerably cooler than it was on that baking day. I kept a decent pace ticking over to Bochlwyd Buttress, then up the steep path to the lake and into the mist on the Gribin. Visibility was very poor on the plateau, always a good nav test especially when moving quickly. I got to the true summit of Glyder Fawr in 47 minutes or so from the road (39 for the segment from Bochlwyd Buttress). I then ploughed down to Llyn y Cwn in even poorer visibility, then down past Twll Du to round the south side of Idwal, down to the Cottage and back along the A5 - 1.28 for the round.

No comments: