Sunday, January 16, 2022

Four Villages

Race: Four Villages half marathon (Helsby)
Time/Position: 1.20.41 (48th from 1040 [3rd V50])
My 5th time at this race, spread over 16 years. My weird slow consistency recently over the half marathon distance continues. Remarkably, my last four halves (all done since September) have all taken 80 minutes, just a couple of seconds between them despite very different courses. I was quite pleased with this performance, however, as I've done little speed work since Covid and wasn't sure how I would feel today. The course was a little different this year, definitely a tad faster in theory, and the weather was perfect as it often is at this race: cool with a light breeze. The basic nature of this race remains despite the alterations, flat and fast rural lanes initially, building to a few sharp hills around Manley which tend to ruin times (for me anyway), but a fast downhill finish back to Helsby makes up for some of that. I ran 1.18 on the course in 2013 but was nowhere near that today.

No comments: