Sunday, October 01, 2023

Caernarfon 10k (BL 1)

Race: Caernarfon 10k (Border League race 1)
Time/Position: 36.44 (38th from 315 [2nd V50])
Having missed almost the whole season last year, it was great to be back. I was a little disappointed with the time, a few seconds slower than the North Wales champs on the same course in August: brand new shoes, more specific training and decent conditions should have seen me run faster. Still, I scored in 8th place for Buckley and was a fairly comfortable 2nd V50 in the usual competitive league field. I also felt more comfortable than I did in August, albeit still at my post-50 'ceiling'. Farndon last year remains the only exception to that ceiling. I always enjoy the course, and have done it many times, although far more often in the opposite anticlockwise direction. This is probably only the 3rd or 4th time I've gone clockwise - it is potentially faster and there was a bit of a tailwind along the Foryd, which can be enjoyed as long as you have held a little back on the early hills.

No comments: