Saturday, October 28, 2023

Prestatyn parkrun

'Race': Prestatyn parkrun
Time/Position: 18.53 (1st from 132)
My V50 course record from May last year still stands, somewhat surprisingly. The Prestatyn coastal course has changed slightly since then, with less time in the dunes away from the prom, so I wondered if it would be quicker. I wasn't very fresh after a full Collie run last night, and the dunes section is now a bit more awkward I felt, with grassy sections and sand. It's only short though, so not much of an excuse. I caught the guy in first place at the point the route heads out towards Talacre for a new extension. Felt comfortable throughout, but also not really able to push the pace for whatever reason, finishing 6 seconds down on my own CR. Warmed down with a delightful 10k hilly jog up Moelfre Isaf then over Mynydd Bodochrwyn in the 'empty quarter' east of Llanfair TH.

No comments: