Saturday, December 30, 2023

Princes parkrun

'Race': Princes parkrun
Time/Position: 18.38 (4th from 358)
I seem to be unconsciously ticking off the parkruns within a 30 mile radius of home, and this was a particularly enjoyable example, combined with some social visiting and a little tour of the 'Welsh streets'. That came first, on the warm-up through the little terraces on the edge of Toxteth. Then came the parkrun, Dave L's local, a very pleasant two and a half lap circuit of Princes Park (Sefton Park's smaller relation) in blustery conditions. It was the standard post-50 performance and I was first in the age-graded race, whatever that means. I've done far more parkruns this year than ever before - I was only ever an occasional parkrunner in the past as I always felt they interfered with proper races, but as I ease off for the 'fallow year' they will make an excellent replacement.

No comments: