Time/Position: 65.07 (9th from 29)
Although a predictably slow and plodding performance, I really enjoyed this new course, a much longer extension of the old King John's Castle fell race. I have done that race three times, finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th! So this was a marked decline, but having hardly raced recently (my last two races were the short Ponderosa, and the Castles relay back in June), or run much at all, it was inevitable. The hills above Llanarmon yn Ial are perhaps the nicest in the Clwydians, and the race started on the familiar haul up towards Moel Gyw, which we then climbed via the tiny heather trod. I was in 6th place at this point, quite blustery and cloudy, and then really enjoyed the fact and familiar descent towards Moel y Plas. I knew I would struggle on the brutally steep climb up the front of this, and I did, losing two or three places. I felt reasonably good on the new section, contouring round to the mast and back along the main OD path, then down to the finish at the pub itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment