Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chester Spring 5 race, Pandy rock climbing, Berwyn hill runs, Moel Siabod, Llandegla MTB circuit

A busy Easter weekend, characterised by perfect weather. Started badly, with a poor performance at the Chester Spring 5, badly affected by the allergy-induced asthma the new house has induced. After 2 x 6 minute miles, I was on to break 30 minutes, but then slowed to a jog and came in 2 minutes down on target time (around 31:50). Next day dawned blue and sunny. I drove to Pandy Outcrop, a crag I've never been able to find before, and shunted the superb granite slab of Schmutzig - probably the best severe in 'Clwyd'. Two more good routes on this lovely piece of rock, in a wonderful location above the Teirw valley. I then drove to Cwm Maen Gwynedd for a run around the ridge from Mynydd Tarw over Foel Wen, Tomle and Cadair Berwyn, and back down the valley. Got sun burned on a 2:15 outing. Up Moel Siabod next day with Rich and Mike. Then round the Llandegla red MTB circuit with the crowds on Easter Saturday. A 2 hour run around Dodleston, Pulford and Rossett from the house suggested my lungs were clearing on the Sunday, and I had a rest yesterday - with a family walk along the Dee from Eccleston. I'll try some intervals with Buckley tonight - see what my lungs are like.

No comments: