Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mynydd Llantysilio morning run

Possibly unwisely, I followed up a good intervals session last night (3:21-3.27 pace) with a morning run from the Horseshoe Pass over Moel y Faen, Moel y Gamelin, Moel y Gaer and Moel Morfydd. Cold, damp, misty and unpleasant (contrary to the weather forecast) and I was rather tired from the previous evening. Ran down to the lonely road at the western end of the ridge, then climbed back onto the ridge at the summit of Morfydd by mistake (no map - had been trying to locate the bridleway that runs east), gradually running out of energy at this point and feeling vulnerable in shorts and t-shirt, no jacket, hat or gloves. My error proved a blessing in disguise, though, because the weather dramatically improved as I ran back across Moel y Gaer and the main ridge - crisp sunshine, great views out to central Snowdonia and the coast. But hard work as I struggled, tired back over Gamelin to the Pass.

No comments: