Monday, March 10, 2008

Mold border league, Moel Famau run

Another setback to marathon training last week, when I caught a bug of some kind. Got over it reasonably quickly, but lost two full days of training. That said, I joined the Colomendy run on Friday night and felt fine - a really enjoyable outing for four of us up Moel Famau with showers sweeping in over the Vale, but clear sunshine east. Then gave the border league a good bash on Sunday, but finished disappointingly far down the field in 43rd (from 230) in 29:41. I was a minute slower than this last year, for the same hilly five mile circuit around Nercwys village - but was only five places up. Must have been an unusually strong field, because I felt I'd run a good race. Still, I'm now 12th senior male in the league, Buckley are second in division one: all to play for. Took the children up Waun y Llyn in the afternoon: bracing.

No comments: