Sunday, May 11, 2008

South Cheshire 20 mile race

Decided at the last minute to enter the South Cheshire 20 mile race this morning. Felt it would be the ideal test for my knee and a good way to assess Edinburgh chances. Went very well, much more optimistic now. The knee held out, and I finished comfortably in 2:25. Didn't really push it at all, very relaxed until 2 miles from the end when a marshall told me I was 16th. So I started to run faster and satisfyingly passed three runners towards the end to finish 13th from 80. The course was an ideal test, hilly and hot: a really good underrated race that I may do again (and race). I'd also felt OK on the Buckley 5k route last Thursday (18:24) and on the Collie Moel Famau run Friday night - a few more days of stretching and I should be fairly well placed to conquer the injury. Got very close to 50 miles of running this week.

No comments: