Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hotfoot up Famau race

Another very nice event last night, dodging the showers for the second fell race of the summer Clwydian series. Hotfoot up Famau is probably the steepest of the three, and this was another distinctly average performance for me. But probably not the ideal event for me given the stuff I've been training for: the race is a manic 3.5 mile dash with 1,200ft of climbing up the tiny bracken-filled paths (lots of scratches and blood) over the hillfort of Moel y Gaer, then down to Nant y Ne and up stony gully to the OD path down from the summit. Lovely evening, and the usual nice atmosphere. I finished 13th from 56 in 43:06. Neil and I ran up Foel Fenlli in the late sunshine to warm down, and I followed up with a 6 miler in heavy showers this morning.

1 comment:

William Wren said...

good show