Sunday, November 08, 2009

Conwy half marathon

Race: Conwy Castle/Llandudno half marathon
Time/Position: 1:22:30 (24th/700)

I could hardly avoid this race, given the fact that it started a few hundred metres away from Rose Hill Street. I remember doing the route in training a few years ago and thinking what a nice race it would make. My first half marathon for 18 months, and therefore a reasonable performance which might have given me a pb had the route been a little flatter and faster! My time was exactly the same, to the second, as my last half (Chester, May 08). The route starts flat, but sandy in places, following the too-narrow start on the bridge up to West Shore. Then anti-clockwise round Marine Drive, as with the Nick Beer 10k. A longer climb than I remembered, but superbly scenic and enjoyable, and followed by a very fast finish down to the West Shore and back along the cycle path. Felt fairly strong at the end, took 3 or 4 after the Marina. Finished 4th vet35.

No comments: